RegainingBalance Retreat for Veterans with PTSD
Regaining Balance is a non-sectarian outreach program of Mountain Gate-Sanmonji, a Zen Buddhist community in northern New Mexico. The program is free to both women veterans diagnosed with PTSD and women partnered with veterans with PTSD.
- June 27 – July 1, 2018
- September 26-30, 2018
Retreats are small, and staffed by women volunteers whose training and professions make them especially qualified to be of service in these healing retreats. (Download a BROCHURE including dates of upcoming retreats.)
During each retreat, participants learn meditation practices specifically shown to help calm the nervous system, take part in quiet, grounding day hikes in the nearby wilderness, have a chance to practice art as healing therapy, and have the opportunity to be with other women vets and women partnered with vets diagnosed with PTSD.
How to Apply
- Download and print out the APPLICATION FORM
- Read the introductory page
- Fill out the application form (all pages)
- Sign the Authorization for Release of Information forms—one for each of your healthcare providers, including mental healthcare providers (three forms are included; if you need more, please copy for additional forms)
- Have each of your care providers sign their parts of the forms
- Return all forms to the address listed at the bottom of the last form and in the introductory page
- If you have questions about the forms, please call us at 505-404-0800.