Dear Warrior Family,
First and foremost, thank you for your steadfast commitment to our women veteran community. You have played a vital role in ensuring the service of the women who answer our nation’s call is truly honored and that these veterans are empowered to achieve personal and professional success post-military.
Your support has deepened our life-changing impact and has steadily propelled our growth over the years. We cannot thank you enough for helping us reach new heights and achieve our mission.
Back in August, I celebrated the 6th anniversary of my role here at Foundation for Women Warriors and as we reflect upon those years, I am truly in awe of how much we, together, have accomplished during this time:
Since FY2017, we:
- Served 6,047 women veterans and children
- Provided 553 women veterans and children with emergency financial assistance
- Provided 169 children with childcare assistance and nearly 2,700 days of childcare
- Provided 525 women with professional development education enhancing their professional networks and advancing their careers
- Connected 2,363 women veterans to mental health, legal, and skills training resources
- 98% of our financial assistance clients have remained in their home for at least one year following intervention
- 97.5% have maintained or advanced their employment
- 90% of those enrolled in school remained in or completed their degree programs
- 100% of survey respondents reported an increase in their confidence in transitioning to the civilian sector following participation in our programs
While we take stock of our success, we remain keenly in tune with the challenges that lie ahead. Our veterans are dealing with the long-existing transition challenges, lingering impacts of the pandemic, inflation, and looming threats of a recession.
As we approach a few of our favorite holidays here, the Marine Corps Birthday (a personal favorite) and Veterans Day, please consider recommitting to our mission and sharing our impact with your friends, family, and colleagues.
It’s truly your support that allows us to solve the problems of today, and proactively get ahead of tomorrow’s issues. Thank you!
Jodie M. Grenier
Chief Executive Officer
Foundation for Women Warriors