For any young woman considering a job or career in the military. With information, tips, and perspective gathered from a variety of women who serve, this introductory guide will help you:
- Discern if military service is the right choice for you
- Evaluate enlisting or commissioning as an officer
- Select a service branch and career field
- Prepare for training, mentally and physically
- Integrate personal life, relationships, and motherhood with military service
- Manage stress and increasing mental toughness
- Navigate unique challenges as a woman in the military
- Thrive in your military career!
“I wanted to write specifically for women,” says Amanda. “While there are guides that cover the different branches, ways to serve, and preparing for military life, I wanted to offer deeper advice and feedback, from me and other women who have served, on what it is like to be a woman in the military.”
Amanda Huffman, Air Force veteran and host of Women of the Military podcast, wrote A Girl’s Guide to Military Service: Selecting Your Specialty, Preparing for Success, Thriving in Military Life to answer these questions and more.